CONTACT US TODAY!
Heavy, bulky wheeled vehicles that can be driven on and off a ship’s deck is called roll-on/roll-off cargo. It’s better known by its industry nickname, RoRo, or by another term: Lift-On, Lift-Off.
Companies engage shippers to provide RoRo services to move multiple vehicles or fleets around the world. Individuals typically pay for RoRo to transport their personal cars to new overseas destinations. Equipment is loaded and unloaded via ramps that are most often located on the stern side of the vessel.
RoRo cargo includes:
- Mobile homes and RVs
- Construction equipment
- Oversized cargo that is loaded on special flatbed or other trailers
ARGEN SHIPPING PROVIDES:
- Relationships with key RoRo carriers operating throughout the Americas
- Expertise chartering vessels for special Ro-Ro shipments, such as government inventory
- The ability to fill empty RoRo space with other customer shipments
- Air services for special RoRo shipments, when ocean and ground transportation doesn’t work due to poor infrastructures in emerging markets